1. Who are we?
- 1.1We are Disposable Green™ (Company registered as Sumona Trading Limited). We own and operate this web site. Our contact details are available on the web site contact page which can be found here. Please contact us if you have any questions or feedback about this policy.
2. What’s the point of this policy?
- 2.1This policy tells you how we deal with your “personal data” (i.e. technical term for information about any identified or identifiable living person). Please read on to find out what kinds of personal data we collect, how we use and protect it, to whom we disclose it and how you can access and rectify it.
- 2.2Please do not use our site unless you are completely happy with this policy. If you do use our site, we will assume that you do accept it.
3. Might the policy change?
- 3.1It may well do and so you should check it whenever you visit our site. We will assume you agree to the revised policy if you use the site after the effective date shown at the top of the policy.
4. What personal or other data do we collect?
- 4.1We collect and store personally identifiable information that you give us via forms on our web site – such as your full name, address, email address, phone number and so on – or when communicating with us by email or in some other way.
- 4.2If you choose to purchase a product from us, we – or our third-party payment processors (Paypal) will collect your payment information.
- 4.2We may receive and store certain information automatically when you interact with us. Examples include the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, connection information such as browser type and version, your operating system and platform, a unique reference number linked to the data you enter on our system, login details, the full URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), cookie number, activity on our website including the pages you visited and searches you made.
5. What about cookies?
6. How and why we use your personal data?
We want to give you the best possible customer experience. One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you. We then use this to offer you promotions, products and services that are most likely to interest you. The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service. Of course, if you wish to change how we use your data, you’ll find details in the ”How can you access and rectify personal data?” section below.
Here’s how we’ll use your personal data and why:
- 6.1We use your personal data to provide our services e.g. send service messages, process payments and/or fulfil orders, manage your account and send you information about products and services we offer to you.
- 6.2We use your personal data to process any orders that you make by using our website. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc.
- 6.3We use your personal data to process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. This also helps to protect our customers from fraud.
- 6.4We use your personal data to respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout.
- 6.5We use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to the website.
- 6.6We use your personal data to help us communicate with you effectively should you try to contact us via our site including verification of any claims you may make.
- 6.7Your data won’t be shared for marketing purposes outside of our company.
- 6.8If you have agreed on our site, we may use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, web, text and telephone with details of our or third party goods or services which may be of interest to you – including information about special offers or promotions, relevant products and services or discounts.
- 6.9Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
- 6.10We may use personal data to recognize you when you visit or return to our site so we can prevent or detect fraud or abuses or to help us improve our site and services.
- 6.11To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account.
- 6.12We may use your personal data to send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice and information relating to your orders.
- 6.13We may use your personal data to send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message.
- 6.14Of course, you are free to opt out of receiving these requests from us at any time by updating your preferences in your online account
- 6.15We retain personal data from closed accounts in order to comply with legal obligations, enforce our terms and conditions, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations and take other actions as permitted by law.
- 6.16We may access, remove, alter, store or otherwise use any personal data if we have reason to believe that it breaches our terms and conditions, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act has been committed, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority.
7. How do we protect personal data?
- 7.1Security is a high priority. We take appropriate precautions to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction using the same safeguards as we use for our own proprietary information.
- 7.2Users trust us with their personal information and expect us to protect and use it appropriately. We operate information privacy and information security programs that incorporate leading practices to manage personal data from collection through to destruction.
- 7.3Email and other electronic communications are not secure if they have not been encrypted. Your communications may pass through servers in a number of countries before they reach us. So we do not accept responsibility for any unauthorised access to or loss of personal data that stems from a cause beyond our control. Nor can we be held responsible for the actions or omissions of other users or third parties who may misuse your personal data which they collect from the site.
- 7.4All hosting is performed in accordance with the highest security regulations. All transfers of data internally in the EEA is done in accordance with GDPR.
8. To whom do we disclose personal data?
- 8.1Payment details including credit card numbers are supplied direct to our banking partner mentioned on our site. We do not receive such information. To ensure your details are not being used without consent, your personal data may be supplied to relevant third parties including credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, who may keep a record of that information.
- 8.2We may allow access to your personal data by third parties who supply us with a service – for the purpose of their service only and in accordance with our instructions. Examples include couriers (to enable delivery of goods), website hosts and businesses which assist us in undertaking communications or monitoring our site.
- 8.3We do not provide your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes.
- 8.4We may disclose personal data so far as reasonably necessary:
o a) if we have reason to believe that it breaches our terms and conditions, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act has been committed, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority; or
o b) in the case of an actual or proposed (including negotiations for a) sale or merger or business combination involving all or the relevant part of our business.
- 8.5We may store or transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area for the purposes stated in this policy.
- 8.6Except as otherwise specifically included in this policy, this document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to third parties, whether they are other users of our site or other websites, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of your information.
9. How can you access and rectify personal data?
- 9.1You can access and rectify your personal data by contacting us by the means shown on our website.
- 9.2You can contact us any time to request access to information that Disposable Green™ has about you. If you believe that the information we have about you is incorrect you are welcome to contact us so we can update it and keep your data accurate. If at any point you wish that Disposable Green™ delete information about you, you can simply contact us.
- 9.3For information about your rights under UK data protection laws, visit the UK Information Commissioner web site.
10. Data Retention
- 10.1We only retain the Personal Data collected from a User for as long as a user’s account is active or otherwise for a limited period of time as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise required by law. We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.